Belton House and Gardens
Relatively compact it may be, but the quality of its collection, its setting in 36 acres of formal gardens and 1300 acres of deer park mean that Belton House is a spectacular setting in which to spend your day out.
The work of leading designers, artists and craftsmen is evidenced in the house; from Grinling Gibbons carvings and Edward Goudge plasterwork to one of the most significant historic silver collections in the country and the second largest library held by the National Trust.
There's plenty to see and do for kids; why not go on an incredible adventure through the grounds of Belton House and parkland. With seasonal trails, activities and challenges, discover Belton's stories inside and out.
From exploring the Ride Play Café and creative crafts in the Discovery Centre to spotting wildlife in the Park and Gardens, there is something for all families to enjoy.
Who to contact
Where to go
- South Kesteven
- NG32 2LS
Time / Date Details
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 09:30 16:00 Tuesday 09:30 16:00 Wednesday 09:30 16:00 Thursday 09:30 16:00 Friday 09:30 16:00 Saturday 09:30 16:00 Sunday 09:30 16:00
- Specific age range
- All ages
- Due to Belton's historic setting, there are many areas with uneven cobbles and gravel paths. If unfamiliar with the property we suggest you contact a member of the team when planning your visit.
- Dedicated disabled parking spaces are available near Visitor Reception.
- Our Greyhound buggy provides a shuttle bus service between the car park, stableyard and house (please note that this service is operated by volunteers and on occasion may be unavailable).
- Accessible toilets are located in the parkland, stableyard, Ride Play Café and gardens.
- We have a number of mobility scooters and manual wheelchairs available to borrow from Visitor Reception - however advance booking is essential.
- Access to the house is via a stairclimber. We regret that this cannot be pre-booked. Please enquire on arrival at the house. (Due to fire regulations access is restricted to one person at a time).
- We can offer the opportunity for closer access to some items in our collection - please speak to the house team in the Marble Hall.
- Please note that access to our Below Stairs Tours is via a spiral staircase. If you have any special requirements our team at Visitor Reception are happy to help.
- An induction loop is available at Visitor Reception.
This service is listed for your information. Its inclusion on the Family Services Directory does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Lincolnshire County Council. For more information, go to Terms & Conditions