Young Writers Group
Are you 13-17 years old?
Do you like to write – lyrics, stories, poems, plays, scripts? Or want to start?
Do you have a story to tell or something to say?
Join a fun and friendly creative writing group where you’ll get to explore different types of writing and share your ideas with a professional writer; meet new people; decide what and how you’d like to write; and display or perform your writing at a festival or event.
Young Writers’ Groups are creative writing groups for children and young people who are interested in any kind of writing from poetry to play writing, lyrics to stories, and fairy tales to flash fiction. Each group is led by a professional writer and focuses on being creative rather than spelling and punctuation.
- Book a place on your Young Writers’ Group by registering on the website.
- Bring a pen, laptop or your phone, however you’d like to write.
- Be inspired by a professional writer.
- Build your writing skills, confidence and friendships in a supportive place.
- Share your writing at a festival or event, such as the East Midlands’ travelling spoken word event The Lyric Lounge.
Age range: 13-17 years
Who to contact
Where to go
Lincoln City Library
Free School Lane
- LN2 1EZ
- Specific age range
- 13 - 17 Years
This activity or event is listed for your information. Its inclusion on the Family Services Directory does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Lincolnshire County Council.
Lincolnshire County Council can take no responsibility for the quality, reliability or accessibility of the activity or event listed. You should thoroughly check the activity or event, and the organisation running it, before deciding to take part or attend.