- Strut House is a short break residential unit in Lincoln, providing overnight stays to children and young people who have a disability.
- The service is provided by Lincolnshire County Council as part of its Short Breaks Strategy, and is a five-bedded adapted home. We care for up to five young people at any one time, who have a range of disabilities and/or complex medical needs and/or challenging behaviour.
- These short breaks provide children and young people with the opportunity to engage in social experiences and activities away from their families and provides parents with a break from their caring responsibilities.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Maggie Nowland
- Contact Position
- Homes Manager
- 01522 522704
Where to go
- Lincolnshire County Council
Strut House, 35
- LN5 8LW
- During their stay, each child will have their own personalised bedroom with a range of specialist beds and equipment dependent upon the needs of the child, each bedroom has a TV/DVD.
- There is an enclosed rear garden, enclosed sensory garden, a lounge and a play room.
- Age Ranges
13+ (young people)
- Referral required
- Professional Referral
- Referral Details
The service is provided only where an assessed need has been identified. Parents need to contact the Customer Service Centre (01522 722111) in the first instance.
- Other notes
The service is available to young adults up to their 18th birthday.
- Staff at Strut House work closely with schools, Health and social care teams to ensure consistency of care for each child.
- To ensure safe care practices Staff are trained in Moving and Positioning of children and young people. They also receive training in managing challenging behaviour and specific health conditions.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (4-10 years)
Secondary (11-16 years)
- SEN Provision Type
This service is listed for your information. Its inclusion on the Family Services Directory does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Lincolnshire County Council. For more information, go to Terms & Conditions