ECLIPS (Extended Communication and Language Impairment Provision for Students)
Support and advice for children and young people with Developmental Language Disorder.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Nicola Carter
- Contact Position
- SEND Team Manager
The best method of contact is via the generic email in-boxes. ECLIPS@lincolnshire.gov.uk (for Specialist Language Teachers) or LHMT.email@example.com (for Speech and Language Therapists)
If you need to speak to someone urgently, please contact the ECLIPS Team Manager, Nicola Carter, on the above telephone number.
Where to go
- Lincolnshire County Council
- LN1 1PA
ECLIPS Teachers and Therapists only work with children and young people in their school or FE setting following a referral by a professional.
Time / Date Details
- Session Information
Twilight sessions for training may be later than 16:30.
- Referral required
- Professional Referral
- Referral Details
Referral is through Speech and Language Therapist recommendation. The therapist and teacher write a report recommending ECLIPS. The decision to recommend ECLIPS is an agreement of all those involved: including school, parents, Speech and Language Therapist and any other professionals involved.
- Other notes
If students require advice or intervention in their home language, if different from English, interpreting services may be required.
- Specific age range
- Preschool - 25 Years
- Work closely with the identified children or young person, parents, teacher and teaching assistants to secure relevant planning and differentiation.
- Undertake individual and joint assessments, working with ECLIPS Speech and Language Therapists to develop, monitor and evaluate intervention programmes.
- When requested to do so, provide a report for a Statutory EHC Needs Assessment and, where appropriate, contribute to reviews.
- Work to support transition from primary to secondary setting.
ECLIPS Enhanced Plus
Some children will require a more intense level of support from specialist teachers, therapists and therapy assistants.
- ECLIPS Enhanced Plus will provide Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) within mainstream settings.
- To access the Enhanced Plus service, settings will be required to apply for an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (EHCNA) to be formally allocated the service provision. However, provision of service can commence upon identification of need, as jointly identified by the Speech and Language Therapist and the Specialist Outreach Language Teacher.
- Children receiving Enhanced Plus will take part in regular reviews to ensure the provision continues to be appropriate. Once targets are achieved, this level of provision will be tailored to their evolving needs.
- Contact Name
- Nicola Carter
- Contact Email
Specific speech and / or language disorders
- Specialist Facilities
Access as available at each school/setting which ECLIPS students attend.
- Training details
Training is available. For more information, please contact: ECLIPS@lincolnshire.gov.uk
- Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (4-10 years)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Transitions to Adulthood - Push to second line (16+)
- SEN Provision Type
This service is listed for your information. Its inclusion on the Family Services Directory does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Lincolnshire County Council. For more information, go to Terms & Conditions