United Lincolnshire NHS Trust: Maternity Services (Lincoln)
- Early access to a midwife once pregnancy confirmed. Women are encouraged to access maternity services as early as possible in pregnancy, as the evidence suggests that early access to maternity services can improve outcomes for women and their babies
- Detailed risk assessment completed on all women at their first appointment with the midwife, any risks identified will trigger referral to appropriate agencies. Screening for mental, social and physical well-being of women during pregnancy via effective assessment tools, can help midwives identify vulnerable groups of women at higher risk of poor pregnancy outcomes.
- Teenagers (under 20 years) are identified by Community Midwives at the booking visit and referred (with consent) to access the YEP (Young Expectant Parents) courses.
- TAC meetings are initiated for all pregnant women who need extra support.
- Breast Feeding Support Groups run by Midwives with Health Visitors encourage Antenatal Women to attend.
- Midwives run antenatal clinics from various bases within the community including GP surgeries and children’s centre
- Women self-refer, sign posted by GP’s
We offer a comprehensive range of antenatal and postnatal services at Lincoln County Hospital and Pilgrim Hospital, Boston, as well as a midwifery managed unit at Grantham and District Hospital.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- United Lincolnshire NHS Trust: Maternity Services
Lincoln Labour Ward (01522) 573805
Lincoln Antenatal Assessment Centre (24 hours) (01522) 573138
- Customer Care E-mail
Our midwives and doctors provide 24 hour care during pregnancy, labour and after the birth.A Supervisor of Midwives is available 24 hours a day.
Numbers listed or via GP Surgery.
- Parent Organisation
- Lincoln County Hospital
Where to go
Lincoln County Hospital
- LN2 4AX
- Specific age range
- All ages
This service is listed for your information. Its inclusion on the Family Services Directory does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by Lincolnshire County Council. For more information, go to Terms & Conditions