This section provides information on services and support available for children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) and their families in the Early Years.
This includes information about:
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children’s needs in the Early Years
- support available at home to help parents support their child’s development
- services that help coordinate support, including education, health and care, around a child and their family
- free early education places free early education places for 2 year olds, and 3 and 4 year olds.
- services that provide support for children with SEND in Early Years provision such as nurseries, and through a child's move into primary school
- childcare for children with disabilities and those with SEN
- arrangements for reviewing children’s progress, including progress checks for health and development
- carers assessments
- further sources of local and national information, advice and support.
For assistance in using the site please see our help page.