|1.||Staying Safe||2.||Learn the Underwear Rule: Talk PANTS|
2.Learn the Underwear Rule: Talk PANTS
Privates are Private
- Make sure you child knows that the parts of the body that are covered up by underwear are private.
- No one should ask to see or touch them
- Sometimes a doctor, nurse or family member may have to but they should always explain why they need to and ask you if it's okay first.
Always remember your body belongs to you
- No one should ever make you do things that make you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.
- If someone asks to see or touch you under your underwear say 'NO'
- Tell someone you trust and like to talk to if someone has tried to see or touch you.
No means no
- You always have the right to say 'no' even if it's somebody you know or love
- You are in control of your body, how you feel is the most important thing
- If you want to say 'no' it's your choice
Talk about secrets that upset you
- There are good and bad secrets- good secrets can be surprises, presents or parties for other people
- Bad secrets can make you feel sad, scared or worried
- You should tell an adult about a bad secret straight away
Speak up, someone can help
- Talk about stuff if it is making you upset or worried
- If you feel sad, frightened always speak to an adult you trust
- You don’t have to talk to a family member you can talk to a teacher, a friends parent or even Childline