2. Eating Healthy
Eating a balanced diet helps to keep you healthy and your body energised.
To have a healthy and balanced diet you should try to:
- Eat 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day – frozen, fresh, dried, juiced or tinned fruit or vegetables,
- Have dairy or dairy alternatives- milk, cheese, yoghurts or soya milk, almond drinks etc
- Eat some fish, eggs, meat, beans and other protein-rich foods
- Eat a small amount of oils or butter
- Drink plenty of liquids especially water
- Eat regular meals
Food that is high in fats or sugars should be eaten less often and in small amounts, and you should try not to snack between meals.
It is important to do regular exercise to keep your body healthy. There are many different ways you can exercise like;
You do not have to spend hours exercising; you can fit activity into your daily life in a number of ways. For example, by doing the gardening, getting off at a bus stop one before you need to and walking the rest of the way, taking the stairs instead of using the lift. Being active doesn’t have to be boring - why not try organise a walk group so you meet every Wednesday and all go for a walk for an hour?