Skip to main content

Concerns in Your Child's Progress

1. Early Years Education 2. Childminders 3. Day Nurseries
4. Nursery School 5. Nursery Units of Independent School 6. Maintained Nursery Schools and Classes
7. Pre-Schools 8. Extended Day Pre-Schools 9. Concerns in Your Child's Progress
10. Services and Support 11.  Prepare for Primary School

9. I am concerned about my child's progress

If you become concerned with your child's progress within their Early Years Setting then you should speak to the setting regarding your concerns.  It would be recommended that you contact the setting to arrange a face-to-face meeting or telephone call to help address these concerns.  If the setting is not a childminder, then you can try to arrange a meeting with the SENCo worker, teacher or head of organisation.

Once you have addressed your concerns you will be able to work with the setting to try and put the best measures in place to help you and your child.

If your child's setting becomes concerned about your child's progress then they may put in certain measures that they feel is best.  This is something you will be informed about and it will have your envolvement.  You can find out more information about this on the our SEND Page.


< Previous

Next >

Extended Day Pre-Schools
Services and Support


Back to top