|1.||Life Skills||2.||How to Fill in Forms||3.||Learning to Drive|
|4.||Building Relationships||5.||Making Friends||6.||Cooking|
|7.||Owning a pet|
5.Why is it important to make friends?
Friendships are just one of the many kinds of relationship people can have. It can help:
- Build social skills
- Improve self-esteem
- Good mental health
- Having someone to talk or share things with
How do I make friends?
There are different ways you can make friends, and we have listed just some of them down below
- Try an activity you enjoy with somebody new
- Try a new group activity
- Look for local clubs online
- Ask family and school or college to help you
Where can I go to make friends?
You can look for opportunities to do things in lots of different places:
- Visit your local library, church or district council for information on local activities
- Your school or college might have friendship groups
- Take a look online at what is available in your area
- The Play and Leisure page on the Family Services Directory
Additional information and advice
Visit Mencap for advice and information on building friendships and support for parents and young people.
Advice for both parents and young people, please visit the Contact website.