||2. School Transport||3. Transport with SEND or EHC
|4. Post 16 Transport||
2. School Transport
Parents are able to send their child/ren to a school of their choice. However, if the school chosen is not the nearest school with a place (when applying) or the designated school and not further then statutory walking distance transport will not be provided by the county council.
School transport is only provided to get your child to school and collect them from school.
You can only have transport from one home address- the child's address.
Primary School Transport
Lincolnshire County Council will provide free transport to primary school children who:
- attend their nearest suitable or designated school and live at least 2 miles from the school
Secondary School Transport
Lincolnshire County Council will provide free transport to secondary school children between Year 7 to Year 11 who:
- attend their nearest suitable or designated school and live at least 3 miles from the school
- attend the nearest school and in the designated transport area (DTA) and less than the statutory walking distance but is on an unsuitable walking route
- attend the school that the County Council allocated to them as there are no places in the DTA school and over two or three miles from the home address provided this school is the nearest with a place
Entitlement to Transport due to Low Income
Families of low-income whose children are in secondary school between the ages of 11-16 may be entitled to free transport. This would be to one of three suitable schools to the home address if the school chosen is between two and six miles from the home address.
To qualify for freee transport your child should be eligible for free school meals or parent/carer is recieveing one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- The Maximum level of Working Tax Credit
You may be required to show documents to confirm entitlement. At the end of the school year, your entitlements are reviewed for the following year to decide if to carry on with the free transport.
Families who have low income but want their child/ren to go to their nearest secondary school chosen due to religion or beliefs may be entitled to free school transport as long as the school is between 2 and 15 miles from the family home. You could be asked to provide evidence of religous affiliation or beliefs. To qualify for this the same grounds apply if applying for free school transport on low income famailies.