|1.||Emotional Health and Wellbeing||2.||Anxiety and Stress||3.||How Can I Help Myself Cope with Anxiety and Stress|
|4.||Information on Treatment and Support for Anxiety and Stress|
3. Coping With Anxiety and Stress
There are some things you can do to help yourself to manage your anxiety.
- Talk to someone you can trust: Sometimes just talking to a friend or family member about your worries can help. They may have experienced the situation before and can help talk you through it. Talking to someone and having someone listen in itself can help relieve some of the tension you are feeling.
- Breathing exercise: Learning to breath and taking big breaths can help you feel calmer.
- Reassuring yourself: You may find it helpful to tell yourself that what your feeling is caused by anxiety, it is not dangerous, and soon the feeling will pass. By accepting you are anxious and understanding that soon the feeling will go can make you feel calmer.
- Physical exercise: Taking yourself for a walk or run gives you the opportunity for alone time where you can focus on your thoughts and feelings. Physical exercise is also shown to improve people moods and make them feel happier.
- Eating a healthy diet: By removing some stimulants in your diets such as coffee, cigarettes and alcohol has shown to help improve people's moods and help manage the feeling of anxiety.