The 'Criteria of support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) 0-25 years' document fulfils a DfE requirement that each Local Authority (LA) explains the special educational provision it expects to be made from within an educational settings budget share.
This guidance is important to educational settings because;
- All Lincolnshire children and young people should have the same minimum entitlement to provision for special educational needs;
- Both educational settings and LA staff need a joint understanding to support their dialogue about individual students;
- It supports the LA in its statutory duty to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of special educational needs provision.
This document is not intended to describe every circumstance to be considered when deciding on whether an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment is appropriate.
If you have any questions or require further information then please e-mail:
- East Lindsey: EAL_SendLocality@lincolnshire.gov.uk
- Lincoln & West Lindsey: LWL_SendLocality@lincolnshire.gov.uk
- North Kesteven & South Kesteven: NKSK_SendLocality@lincolnshire.gov.uk
- Boston & South Holland: BSH_SendLocality@lincolnshire.gov.uk
or call 01522 550806.