Your Leaving Care Worker will work with you and any other agencies involved to identify:
- your accommodation options;
- your support needs;
- realistic education and employment opportunities.
Where necessary they will refer or sign post you to specialist agencies to help you to achieve your aspirations and support you to access any funding you may be entitled to.
Examples of how your Leaving Care Worker may offer support include:
- involved in Education Health and Care Plan reviews;
- exploring suitable accommodation options including independent living, semi-independent and Supported Lodgings;
- support to access appropriate benefits through strong links with the Jobcentre's Disability Employment Advisers and the Care Leavers Lead;
- support to access suitable education, employment and training activities including the Care Leaver's Apprenticeship Scheme for those with relevant entry requirements.
For more information about how Lincolnshire Leaving Care can support care leavers with SEND, contact Barnardo's on 01522 575955 or speak to your Leaving Care Worker.