Skip to main content

Complaints about Schools

If you are unhappy about something at your child’s school, then you can make a complaint to the school. Every school is required by law to have a complaints procedure and they must make this available to you on request. Many schools now also publish their policies on their websites.

If you would like to discuss your concerns with someone in the Local Authority or want advice on making your complaint, then you can speak to the County Council’s Customer Service Centre Education Team on 01522 782030.

If your child has special educational needs or disabilities and your concerns are about the school’s management of those needs, you can seek advice from


For more information about the complaints process, please go to the website

There are other national organisations which you can complain to, depending on the type of school and the issue you want to complain about. More detailed information on these can be found on the website

You can also get free legal advice from Coram Children's Legal Centre.

Back to top